Re: [exim] Current solutions for smtp auth via pam

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Jochen Gensch
To: Paul Dekkers, exim-users
CC:
Betreff: Re: [exim] Current solutions for smtp auth via pam
Paul Dekkers schrieb:

> As others suggested you could try sasl (especially if you need it
> anyway). (If you're using the FreeBSD ports for exim you'll find sasl is
> not included by default. And even after including it I had the same
> errors about a facility.)

Your guess was right, it is a FreeBSD 6.0 system. But I did compile exim
with saslauthd :-(

> While having the same problems I stumbled upon a different pam module,
> that doesn't need to run as root: pam_pop3 (it's in the ports). I'm
> using that now: since everybody I'd like to authenticate for smtp has an
> imap/pop3-account... then I let that server handle the authentication.

I might try that later, but first it should be possible via saslauthd.
Further a new idea came up. It seems, as if sasl2 is able to
authenticate against authdaemond supplied with courier, something
simliar like saslauthd. But I can't get that to work, either. I can
compile sasl2 with authdaemon support, but saslauthd still doesn't know
this mechanism. I've sent an email to the maintainer...

Jochen