[exim] Current solutions for smtp auth via pam

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Jochen Gensch
To: exim-users
Betreff: [exim] Current solutions for smtp auth via pam
Hi there,

I decided to switch to system users, since this is a small server here
and though easier to maintain. You can imagine what I ran into, the pam
auth issue. From what I have learned so far, Exim cannot authenticate
against pam, because it runs (per default) as a non root user and these
are not allowed to access pam auth modules. After reading up on this on
the internet no simple solutions (except runnning exim as root) has
showed up, yet. I would like to use the pam_exim module mentioned in the
FAQ, but I can't compile it on my FreeBSD 6.0 system :-(. Are there any
solutions to this at this point of time?

Cheers, Jochen