Re: [exim] using MX always

Autor: Jeff Lasman
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] using MX always
On Sunday 08 January 2006 05:54 am, Marc Sherman wrote:

> You're still skipping over the important part of the problem; does
> your automatic configuration system put the newly configured domain
> in local_domains immediately without user interaction?

Yes. It's not directly under control, though the folk who build our
solution would happily look to something that would correct the
problem.

> If so, then
> IMO the solution is to simply make inclusion in local_domains a
> separately configurable setting for your clients.

I'm not sure we'd want to do that since by default most webhost clients
do use us as their primary mx; any time we ask the client to do
something they're going to do it wrong or not do it at all. I think
I'd rather put in an automated delay of perhaps a few minutes.

> At that point,
> when validating config settings in the web UI, you can check if your
> host is the primary MX for the domain, and if it isn't, refuse to
> configure it.

We now have a page clients go to where they can remove themselves from
local_domains. Switching it around could be simple, but how many
people would overlook the email note to "be sure to click on <whatever>
to set up your email.

I'll think about it.

Thanks!

Jeff
--
Jeff Lasman, Nobaloney Internet Services
1254 So Waterman Ave., Suite 50, San Bernardino, CA 92408