Re: [exim] using MX always

Autor: Jeff Lasman
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] using MX always
On Saturday 07 January 2006 04:17 pm, Giuliano Gavazzi wrote:
> perhaps it's because it is too late, but I miss your point. The first
> router is usually:
>
> dnslookup:
>     driver = dnslookup
>     domains = ! +local_domains
>     transport = remote_smtp
>     etc...
>     no_more

> and this does exactly what, in my current understanding, you say.

As far as I understand it, this router uses remote_smtp only for domains
that are not listed as local_domains. The problem is that someone logs
in to our configuration system and sets up a domain. They use their
email address at that domain as their contact address.

They never get our welcome email and we lose a customer, often having to
refund a CC payment or accept a chargeback.

If I comment out (or remove) the line beginning "domains" then it'll use
remote_smtp for all email addresses, but cause too many mail-loop
considerations.

I don't think what we'd like is possible, but we can achieve similar
effect by sending out welcome emails using a different server, which
would get the old MX address from public DNS.

Jeff
--
Jeff Lasman, Nobaloney Internet Services
1254 So Waterman Ave., Suite 50, San Bernardino, CA 92408