Re: [exim] using MX always

Autor: Jeff Lasman
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] using MX always
On Sunday 08 January 2006 02:00 am, Tim Jackson wrote:

> The simple solution is to split your authoritative and caching
> nameservers, so that only *external* hosts see your authoritative
> nameservers (with the new DNS records) whilst all your internal hosts
> and processes use a caching nameserver that does not know anything
> special about domains for which you are authoritative.

Interesting concept... Are you writing that if we do that we _can_ do
all routing by MX and don't need to do local routing? I don't see how
this resolves issues, for example, if our clients use Marc Perkel's
service.

> Even on a single machine, you can do this by running two copies of
> BIND. BIND experts might be able to tell you how to do it with a
> single instance; I've never really looked into it.

We know how to do that part; just not sure it'll work under all
circumstances.

Jeff
--
Jeff Lasman, Nobaloney Internet Services
1254 So Waterman Ave., Suite 50, San Bernardino, CA 92408