Re: [exim] Batch SMTP or text-files as input or text-to-queu…

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Rainer Hirsel
To: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [exim] Batch SMTP or text-files as input or text-to-queue insertion
Hello Andre,

On Wed, Jan 04, 2006 at 04:52:52PM -0700, Andre Turpin wrote:
> I've got some text files outputted from our billing systems that are rather
> pretty, and I'm looking to email these to each customer.

In my opinion this is not a job for exim. Exim's function to insert a
message should be used only for testing/debugging your configuration.
Why don't you just use your MUA to send a mail. AFAIK all MUAs can be
used to send a message from command-line.
For example with mutt you would do it like this:
cat yourbill.txt|mutt -x -s "Cellular Account Statement" xxxxxx@???
That means your don't have to worry about completeness of mandatory
headers etc.

HTH,
Rainer