Re: [exim] strange log entries: no IP address found for host…

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Bill
To: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [exim] strange log entries: no IP address found for host smtp05.host.com (during SMTP connection from NULL)
On 12/28/05, Marc Sherman <msherman@???> wrote:

> Using IPs in the config as Giuliano suggested is just a workaround. The
> real solution is for you to fix your DNS problem.

Unfortunately, I don't control the DNS in question. The folks who own
these servers weren't exactly forthcoming about why their DNS is
broken at this point, and they just asked me to add a whole /24 net
block to my "relay_from_hosts" list. Not gonna happen. Since I do
control the "relay_from_hosts" list, I decided to just remove the
"offending" entries until the folks who own these servers/DNS get
things fixed. Now the "NULL" entries are gone, of course.

However, as I stated previously, I was more interested in why exim was
generating these "NULL" messages, mostly from a security perspective.
I see that Philip has responded too, so I'll move on...

Thank you for your input!
Bill