Re: [exim] strange log entries: no IP address found for host…

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Bill
To: Jeremy Harris
CC: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [exim] strange log entries: no IP address found for host smtp05.host.com (during SMTP connection from NULL)
On 12/29/05, Jeremy Harris <jgh@???> wrote:
> Names are better for the reasons you state.
>
> The missing thing is the reliability of the DNS setup for that
> hosting machine. Presumably you're paying for a hosting service?
> I'd have thought you have leverage to get them to fix it.
> You can always take your business elsewhere.
>
> - Jeremy

Thanks Jeremy, I appreciate the validation. :)

It's a strange and long story. The short version:
These SMTP servers are the MX'ers for the ISP which serves our current
web hosting company, if that makes sense. So we're 2 degrees removed
from that service provider, and thus have minimal influence. The plan
is to eventually migrate everything in-house, but for now we have to
"make it work." :(

Thanks again!
-Bill