Re: [exim] Exchange move

Author: Tom Kistner
To: Ronan Exim
CC: Exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Exchange move
Ronan Exim wrote:

> I need objective pros / cons for exchange in an entrprise environment that I
> can along with my colleagues prepare a document expressing our "concerns"
> regarding.

I may be flamed for this, but today's Exchange isn't so bad if it's
correctly set up. Of all the commercial groupware backends, it is the
best. Be happy that they don't go for Lotus Notes :)

Just push for screening it from the internet by an Exim relay (which can
query AD via LDAP just fine).

That way you have Exims advanced SMTP I/O capabilities plus the shared
calendaring/contact capabilities of Exchange (for which no satisfactory
open source equivalent exists). Many companies run similar combinations.

/tom