Re: [exim] Exchange move

Author: Dennis Davis
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Exchange move
On Tue, 13 Dec 2005, Tom Kistner wrote:

> From: Tom Kistner <tom@???>
> To: Ronan Exim <ronan.exim@???>
> Cc: Exim-users@???
> Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2005 11:14:38 +0100
> Subject: Re: [exim] Exchange move
>
> Ronan Exim wrote:
>
> > I need objective pros / cons for exchange in an entrprise
> > environment that I can along with my colleagues prepare a
> > document expressing our "concerns" regarding.
>
> I may be flamed for this, but today's Exchange isn't so bad if
> it's correctly set up. Of all the commercial groupware backends,
> it is the best. Be happy that they don't go for Lotus Notes :)
>
> Just push for screening it from the internet by an Exim relay
> (which can query AD via LDAP just fine).
>
> That way you have Exims advanced SMTP I/O capabilities plus the
> shared calendaring/contact capabilities of Exchange (for which no
> satisfactory open source equivalent exists). Many companies run
> similar combinations.

It's been mentioned on this list before, but those interested in
integrating Exchange and Exim might find Jason Meer's paper on the
subject of interest. This paper was presented at the first Exim
conference in February 2005. See:

http://www.uit.co.uk/exim-conference/full-papers/jason-meers.pdf
--
Dennis Davis, BUCS, University of Bath, Bath, BA2 7AY, UK
D.H.Davis@???               Phone: +44 1225 386101