Re: [exim] Re: Errors in transport filters

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Philip Hazel
To: Kjetil Torgrim Homme
CC: exim-users, Felix Schwarz
Betreff: Re: [exim] Re: Errors in transport filters
On Thu, 8 Dec 2005, Kjetil Torgrim Homme wrote:

> Philip, I think perhaps the documentation for transport_filter should be
> clearer about whether transport_filter and pipe_command are run in
> parallel or sequentially.

Yes, I guess people don't have the background that I expect. I do say
that a transport filter is like a "Unix filter", meaning that it's like
a Unix command line like

ls something | grep | whatever ...

where grep is a filter, but even then people probably don't know about
the parallelism. A transport filter is run in parallel, of course. There
is quite a long description of it in the manual, which does talk about
the different processes, but it doesn't actually say "run in parallel".