Re: [exim] Re: Errors in transport filters

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Philip Hazel
To: Felix Schwarz
CC: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [exim] Re: Errors in transport filters
On Thu, 8 Dec 2005, Felix Schwarz wrote:

> This explanation matches obviously the current implementation. In my
> understanding "Delivery of the message is deferred." means that there is no
> delivery.

"Defer" in Exim documentation means "tried again later". I will add "The
message remains on Exim's queue and is tried again later."

> Maybe I should look at the code but my mental model was: Exim routes the mail,
> calls transport filter and uses the output (if filter return success) in order
> to execute the pipe command. Were there any special reasons to implement it
> not sequentially?

Aha! That's the problem. Your mental model is, I'm afraid, not right. It
all happens in parallel (see my previous message). I will try to get the
next edition of the manual to be more clear about this.