domain hosted on a static cable-modem address [was Re: [exim…

Autor: Tony Godshall
A: exim-list
Assumptes vells: Re: [exim] Please help with getting out of RBL hell
Assumpte: domain hosted on a static cable-modem address [was Re: [exim] Please help with getting out of RBL hell]

Hi, Jason.

> And the net can't run without cooperation.
>
> HELO 'Dude' wants 'togo@???'?
>
> Granted. And the horse you rode in on.

Hmmm. I gather there's an issue with dude's (my mail
server's) config? Sorry. I'll go inspect some headers.

Hi, Bill.

> > > Welcome to the reality of life.. If you decide to live
> > > in a
> >
> > Sorry to say this, but you sound like one of those cops
> > in
> > the suburban white neighborhood who blocked, with
>
> I also said I am a Comcast user as well, so that analogy
> is not valid.

I'm not. And you don't explain why. You did conveniently
cut out the bit about living in a dangerous neighborhood,
which is specifically what I was analogizing about.

> ... In
> fact, your mail server has no right whatsoever to speak to
> any other
> MTA except your smarthost that you pay for - that is a
> privilege and
> should be treated as such. There's an expression for this,
> "My server,
> my rules"

Indeed you are correct.

> You've mentioned that you think your DNS should protect
> you. Do you
> mean your reverse DNS? If that is the case, then people
> using reverse
> DNS checks to block dynamic IP's won't block you. DNSBL's
> will still
> get you tho - it is your ISP's responsibility to tell the
> blacklist
> operators that your IP is not dynamic any more.

I'm not on a dynamic IP.
I'm not on a dynamic IP.
I'm not on a dynamic IP.

Tony