[exim] FAQ - 0308 - I have a domain for which some local par…

Autor: TAC Forums
A: exim-users
Assumpte: [exim] FAQ - 0308 - I have a domain for which some local parts must be delivered locally, but the remainder are to be treated like any other remote addresses.
Hi

I read the Exim4 FAQ.

Question: 0308 is what I think I need. However, I'd like to post a
message here to confirm the same.

This is my scenario.

I have a domain hosted with Yahoo Webhosting: xyz.com which has 50
mailboxes (pop3)

I have one office in New York and the other in LA.

The number of users in New York are 20 and about 15 in LA. The other 15
are located in different cities all over the world.

That is, users 1 to 20 are in New York and users 21 to 35 are in LA and
users 36 to 50 are scattered all over.

I would like to install two Debian GNU/Linux mail servers, which comes
stock with EXIM in New York and LA, and configure them to fetch mail
(pop3) from the Yahoo domain and deliver the messages to the users
created locally.

This is a done deal and works fine using fetchmail and exim at the MTA
using virtual configuration.

So when User 1@??? in New York sends mail to User 2@??? in New
York, the message does not leave the Local Exim Mail Server on the LAN.
It internally routes the message to the local user #2.

However, when users in New York (users 1 to 20) send mail to users in
LA (users 21 to 35) or the other 15 outside (users 36 to 50), via the
local mail exim SMTP server, it gives this error message

Rejected RCPT <u@???>: Unrouteable address

Will configuring the two exim mail servers as specified in the FAQ 0308
address my requirement?

If not, any tips and suggestions on how to accomplish this task are
most welcome. :-)

Thanks in advance.

Tanvi