Re: [exim] hotmail deliveries

Autor: Ian Eiloart
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] hotmail deliveries

On 30 Nov 2005, at 13:16, Marc Sherman wrote:

> Ian Eiloart wrote:
>>
>> Ah, yes. That's great - thanks! I used
>>
>>    "exim -qqRf hotmail.com"

>> And that works nicely!
>
> If this is a long term problem, I _think_ you might want to
> consider setting
>
> queue_smtp_domains = hotmail.com
>
> but I'm not sure -- that option seems to correspond more directly to
> -odqs than to -qq, and I'm really not sure what the difference is
> between those two options.
>
> - Marc

Well, I don't think hotmail are always as bad as this. I *think* they
usually have 12 of 16 servers available. I've just crafted a cron job
to check their server availability at hourly intervals.

I think queue_smtp_domains is just going to queue all hotmail
deliveries, instead of just the ones that fail, which is the opposite
of what I want.

--
Ian Eiloart
Postmaster, University of Sussex