Re: [exim] Unique filtering question

Autor: Bill Hacker
A: exim
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Unique filtering question
Eddie Shipman wrote:

> I don't mean unix accounts, I mean MAIL Accounts.
>
> --- Tony Finch <dot@???> wrote:
>

>>On Tue, 29 Nov 2005, Eddie Shipman wrote:
>>
>>>Will this technique affect the forwarders, too, since they don't
>>>actually have an account?
>>
>>No: Exim's idea of the validity of email addresses is defined by the
>>routers, and is independent of Unix accounts on the machine.

'Router' as in exim configure file, not as in Cisco, etc.

Account validity can be checked by making a query (not an actual delivery)
to the 'routers' defined in exim's configure, and is ordinarily true/valid
if *at least one* router would accept the traffic for its associated
transport.

In that sense the forwarder DOES 'have an account' at least insofar as
being associated with a valid identity you will accept traffic for,
never mind that you may not keep or store said traffic.

Default configure aside, routers may or may not exist / be configured to
include system (Unix or other) shell acounts, system aliases, 'virtual',
or any other class of accounts.

IOW, someone would have to look at the code to be certain.

HTH,

Bill Hacker