Re: [exim] Losing Mails

Autor: Merlin
A: exim
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Losing Mails
Hi Bill et al.

Thanks for those logging tips!

I should point out that this user is successfully receiving many mails
every day - and there are just a troublesome 6. All of which are to
these 2 users: someone and otherone - we have about 120 other active
users, with no such errors.

Test messages to 'someone' which get redirected to 'otherone' (his PA)
always get delivered; and test messages to 'otherone' always seem to
work - regardless of the ownership on that
'/usr/lists/Users/away/otherone' file.

Thanks again

Merlin

Bill Hacker wrote:
> Merlin wrote:
>
>> Hi All
>>
>> We have a pair of systems running versions 4.41(gateway) and
>> 4.43(mail-server) with a Cyrus mail store.
>>
>> We have noticed 6 messages in the last month that have not been
>> delivered to their recipient but have been passed through the gateway
>> machine succesfully.
>> Exim logs that the message has 'Completed' but show no mention of it
>> being delivered - and indeed it isn't.
>
> *trimmed*
>
>> # if the local part prefix matches then redirect to the current_user
>> router
>> # if not, drop down to next router
>> # we check local user in order to prevent aliases/lists being broken!
>> real_prefix:
>>    driver = redirect
>>    redirect_router = current_users

> You haven't shown this router. Does it exist? And does it select a
> transport?
>
> There was no R=(router) T=(transport) in the log snippet you posted,
> so it
> looks as if either you are disposing of the messages before they hit
> the routers,
> or are traversing all routers without finding a match in any of them.
>
> You have satisfied *something*, else Exim would log a failure.
>
> >Mail Server log entry:
> >2005-11-03 11:39:38 1EXdRS-0006FB-NX <= ap454@???
> >H=stirling.mrc-dunn.cam.ac.uk [193.60.90.25] P=esmtps
> >X=TLSv1:DES-CBC3-SHA:168 S=3355
> >id=417CBCF38B7010499DB4EC7FA24A0A1E3C5842@???
> >2005-11-03 11:39:38 1EXdRS-0006FB-NX Completed
>
> FWIW, even with expanded logging on, the only time I see 'completed'
> in my 4.54 logs is
> when I have discarded, etc. *before hitting* a router/transport.
>
> It never shows up as above when a router/transport set were selected
> and used.

<SNIP>