RE: [exim] smtp_accept_max_per_connection

Autor: Clive McDowell
A: exim-users
Assumpte: RE: [exim] smtp_accept_max_per_connection
> I would like to use a different value of
> smtp_accept_max_per_connection depending on where the
> connection is coming from.
>
> The value for smtp_accept_max_per_connection is not an
> expansion string, so has to be the same for all situations.
>
> I was hoping to find an expansion variable which gave the
> current count for the number of messages in the connection
> (like $recipients_count gives the number of recipients so far
> for a message). I could then use this in my SMTP ACLs to
> defer under different circumstances. I could not find such a
> variable. Have I missed it?

Phil,

for a simple 2 stage version try -

smtp_accept_max_per_host = ${if match {$sender_host_address}{^xxx\.xxx\.xxx\.xxx} {20}{5}}

We use this to discriminate between local and remote domains.

Clive McDowell

Information Services
The Queen's University of Belfast