[exim] smtp_accept_max_per_connection

Autor: Phil Chambers
A: exim-users
Assumpte: [exim] smtp_accept_max_per_connection
A problem I raised in an earlier message has prompted me to think about sorting
out an issue which I have had pending for a while:

I would like to use a different value of smtp_accept_max_per_connection
depending on where the connection is coming from.

The value for smtp_accept_max_per_connection is not an expansion string, so has
to be the same for all situations.

I was hoping to find an expansion variable which gave the current count for the
number of messages in the connection (like $recipients_count gives the number
of recipients so far for a message). I could then use this in my SMTP ACLs to
defer under different circumstances. I could not find such a variable. Have I
missed it?

If there is no such variable I will have to use one of the $acl_cx variables to
do my own counting. Since there only 10 such variables it would be nice not to
have to use one for this.

Phil.
Phil Chambers (postmaster@???)
University of Exeter