Re: [exim] unseen deliver with with different subjects

Autor: Matthew Byng-Maddick
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] unseen deliver with with different subjects
On Tue, Nov 15, 2005 at 03:43:22PM +0000, N. T. wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to apply an exim filter to send one mail to two different adresses but with different subjects
> My filter looks like this :
> if $h_Cc: contains "@" and $h_subject: matches "([0-9a-zA-Z ,!]*) (<([0-9]*)>) (<TOKEN>) (\[[0-9]+\])" then
> headers remove subject
> headers add "Subject: <Ref$3> $1"
> unseen deliver $h_Cc:
> headers remove subject
> headers add "Subject: $1 $2 $4 $5"
> headers remove cc
> endif
>
> I was expecting that the mail sent to $h_Cc: contains the subject "<Ref$3> $1", but unfortunnately it's the second one ("$1 $2 $4 $5"). Can anybody explain me why ?
>
> Any help would be really appreciated...
> Nicolas.
>
> PS : I'm running Exim 3.35.

This behaviour hasn't changed significantly between the 3 year old version
you are running, and the current version (4.54).

The reason that this happens is that the "unseen deliver" tells the filter
to add this address to the delivery list, not to "deliver it right now".
When you come to deliver the message, all of the header processing happens,
and then the message gets delivered to its recipients.

The kind of processing you are talking about is better done as a more final
delivery process, which could perhaps inject the new messages into the mail
subsystem.

Cheers

MBM

--