RE: [exim] Two level auto-reply

Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Jakob Hirsch
CC: Clive McDowell, exim-users
Assumpte: RE: [exim] Two level auto-reply
On Wed, 2 Nov 2005, Jakob Hirsch wrote:

> I didn't test thoroughly (only quick test in 4.54), but this really seems
> to be a bug:
>
> If an autoreply transport had a setting of once_repeat that was not "0s"
> (the default) and it is changed to "0s", there is no autoreply. After
> changing back to something > 0s (or deleting the "once" file) it works.

I've just looked at this. I don't think it's a bug. The "once_repeat"
setting specifies "send another reply after this much time". However, a
setting of "0s" means "never send another reply" (0 is equal to
infinity). This is the default setting.

So, if one reply has been sent, if you change once_repeat to 0s, no
further replies are sent.

If you always want to send replies, you should not set the "once" option
at all.

I will try to improve the wording in the manual; I can see that it's got
a bit confusing after various additions.

Philip