RE: [exim] Two level auto-reply

Autor: Jakob Hirsch
A: exim-users
CC: Clive McDowell
Assumpte: RE: [exim] Two level auto-reply
Philip Hazel wrote:

>> If an autoreply transport had a setting of once_repeat that was not "0s"
>> (the default) and it is changed to "0s", there is no autoreply. After
>> changing back to something > 0s (or deleting the "once" file) it works.
> I've just looked at this. I don't think it's a bug. The "once_repeat"
> setting specifies "send another reply after this much time". However, a
> setting of "0s" means "never send another reply" (0 is equal to
> infinity). This is the default setting.

Oh, I see, you are right. The magic words are "However, if once_repeat
specifies a time greater than zero, the message is sent...".

> If you always want to send replies, you should not set the "once" option
> at all.

So, coming back to the OP's problem, he could use
once = ${if match {$local_part}{\N^c208\N} {${home}/vacation-once}{}}

Is the empty string exactly equal to 'unset'? And will exim ignore the
once_repeat option if once is unset?