[exim] Recipient verify callout errors from one sender

Autor: Mike Jones
A: exim-users
Assumpte: [exim] Recipient verify callout errors from one sender
Hi,

We've got a very odd and perplexing problem that has recently occurred on
our mail server.

It's a Redhat Linux server running the latest version of Exim, and the
problem we have been getting has been that we are unable to receive mail
from one sender. We can send to him, and we have verified that he has no
problems sending to anyone else. We also have no problems receiving mail
from other people, it is just this guy.

Eventually (after a day or so) he gets the following error:

451-Could not complete recipient verify callout for <<<
451-mike.jones@???

I can find no record of any mail that he has attempted to send to us in our
maillog or rejectlog.

I have gone through our config file and found no settings with regards to
callout, so our exim server is using all the default values.

Simply question really - Is the fault at our end with our configuration, or
is it at the sender end ?

Michael Jones
Systems and Network Administrator
Fast Web Media Ltd
Email: michael.jones@???
Tel: +44(0)161 835 3444
Fax: +44(0)161 835 3488
Mobile: +44(0)7921 677161

Fast Web Media Ltd is the wholly owned UK operating company of Total Sports
Online ASA - www.totalsportsonline.com
This e-mail is intended solely for the addressee and is strictly
confidential. If you are not the addressee, please do not read, print,
re-transmit, store or act in reliance on it or any attachments. Instead
please e-mail it back to the sender and delete the message from your
computer.
Total Sports Online ASA accepts no liability for changes made to this e-mail
(and any attachments) after it was sent or for viruses arising as a result
of this e-mail transmission.
Any unauthorised reproduction, dissemination, copying, disclosure,
modification, distribution and/or publication of this e-mail message is
strictly prohibited.

Fast Web Media Ltd, 12th Floor, Sunlight House, Quay Street, Manchester, M3
3JZ, UK