Re: [exim] Missing message-id, demon.net

Autor: John W. Baxter
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Missing message-id, demon.net
On 10/27/05 9:18 AM, "Mark Smith" <exim-users@???> wrote:

>>> there's always a handful of Demon's 200K customers who are insecure
>>> and relaying spam, but these days there are some state of the art
>>> detection systems running (along with a large and motivated abuse@
>>> team); so you should be getting less junk from Demon than
>> from most places!
>>

> That's not my experience.
>
> mailgate.firstmove.co.uk has been hammering us for the past few days with
> hundreds of presumably virus-infected mails. The last time this happened - a
> few months ago, with the same Demon customer - it took Demon weeks to do
> anything about it. I had to resort to phoning them up because they never
> responded to any emails, but even that didn't seem to make any difference.

Thanks...since mailgate.firstmove.co.uk hasn't sent us anything over here in
the corner of the colony, I have put in a temporary block, just in case.
(We have a mechanism for real senders to request exemption.)

That won't work for folks who do hear routinely from this server, of course.

--John (Port Ludlow, Washington, USA)