Re: [exim] Distribution Lists via LDAP?

Autor: Oliver Egginger
A: Paul Pridt, exim-users
CC:
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Distribution Lists via LDAP?
> Could some kind soul that has a working solution post the relevant
> configuration

You can use entries like this one:

# Example, Lists, dvz, Giessen, fh-giessen-friedberg.de
dn: uid=Example,ou=Lists,ou=dvz,ou=Giessen,dc=fh-giessen-friedberg,dc=de
objectClass: top
objectClass: rfc822mailgroup
uid: Example
cn: Testlist
owner: uid=oe,ou=People,ou=dvz,ou=Giessen,dc=fh-giessen-friedberg,dc=de
mail: testlist@???
mail: testlist@???
member: member.one@???
member: member.two@???
member: member.three@???

A definition of the rfc822mailgroup you can find here:
http://www.kingsmountain.com/directory/doc/DirectoryBasedGroups.txt

List processing is very easy with Exim:
# List processor
process_list:
driver = redirect
data = GLOBAL_LDAP_LOOKUP_GROUPS

You have to substitute GLOBAL_LDAP_LOOKUP_GROUPS by your own ldap group
lookup, which should yield the corresponding addresses.

Some people bring forward the argument that it would be much better to
store the groups by the member entries, but this is awkward if not all
list members are members of your directory like member.three@???
for example.

- oliver