Re: [exim] Exim+ClamAV header

Autor: Ian Eiloart
A: worm, exim-users
CC:
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Exim+ClamAV header

--On 26 October 2005 09:41:49 +0300 "Victor V. Melnichenko"
<worm@???> wrote:

> How can i configure my exim.conf if i want that ClamAV add some header to
> message. For example(clamav-milter+sendmail):
> domain.com

You probably shouldn't say this:

Presumably, if it isn't clean you'll reject the email, which makes this
redundant. More importantly, it won't always be true. No anti-virus
software detects all viruses. ClamAV isn't even the best.

When will it mislead? Well, nobody's going to inspect the headers without a
reason. That reason would be the case where an email has suspect content.
The suspicion may arise because of a new epidemic. That's exactly the point
where you don't want to be telling people they've nothing to worry about.

Having the scan date, and clamav version might help determine why a virus
wasn't detected, so that's a good idea. For example, you could compare the
scan time with the time that you got a new virus definition.

--
Ian Eiloart
Servers Team