Re: [exim] remote eximon?

Autor: Stephen Gran
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] remote eximon?
On Mon, Oct 17, 2005 at 01:07:38PM -0700, OpenMacNews said:
> hi jeremy,
>
> >> can someone perhaps 'point' to a howto for using eximon to monitor a
> >> remote exim server?
> >
> > Eximon is an X application. X talks perfectly well over IP.
> >
> > Personally, I use an ssh connection with X shipping, but
> > that's not required.
>
> clear.
>
> but, never having done this b4 from my Mac, my Q: is just --
>
> is there a simple howto 'here'? perhaps one that specifically addresses by example setting
> up/ensuring gen'l-config/security/look-n-feel/etc for exim, or is it off to google for general
> remote X-apps-over-IP?

Provided the remote ssh server is set up to allow X forwarding
(X11Forwarding yes)
just ssh -X remote.host, and run eximon as you normally do. It's slower
than doing the remote X protocol, but saner and easier.
|  Stephen Gran                  | I dote on his very absence.   --        |
|  steve@???             | William Shakespeare, "The Merchant of   |
|  http://www.lobefin.net/~steve | Venice"                                 |