Re: [exim] Eximstats 1.44 is now available

Author: Philip Hazel
To: steve
CC: Exim Users
Subject: Re: [exim] Eximstats 1.44 is now available
On Fri, 14 Oct 2005, Steve Campbell wrote:

> The parsing for rejection lines is a bit of a mess, and fairly
> unmaintainable. Do you think it would be possible to standardise
> rejection/refusal log messages? How about something like:
>
> (<ID>|16 Spaces) *< (Connection|MAIL|RCPT|HELO|EHLO|DATA) rejected (from
> <Address>)?: <Reason> (\(<Detail>\))?

A humble grovel for having been less than competent in the way I wrote
Exim's error messages. I definitely screwed up there.

I will put your idea on the Wish List, because it's obviously quite a
major project to seek them all out and fix them. It won't happen for
4.60, that's for sure. (My current short term aim is to get the 4.60
documentation done before the end of November and release 4.60 with only
minimal code changes from 4.54 - basically bug fixes. That time is
not as long as it seems because I'm spending some time working on the
test suite, and I'm going to be away for about 10 days at the end of
this month. No, nowhere very exotic. Dundee.)