Re: [exim] Novell Directory Service query for recipient veri…

Author: exim-users
To: Exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Novell Directory Service query for recipient verification
Christian Schmidt schrieb:

> Hello exim-users,
>
> exim-users@???, 14.10.2005 (d.m.y):
>

>>What really turned out problematic is verifying alias or distribution
>>list addresses like postmaster@, group@ and the like, as groupwise
>>doesn't seem to make them available via ldap :(
>

> I would try using an extra aliases _file_ for these aliases...

Well, of course. I guess, I don't have no other choice :(

But having to do this manually seems to be
a) not particularly customer friendly - this is a continuous task in the
presence of changing alias/role/group addresses
b) not best engineering by Novell, especially since those products are
already around for some time

Taking a different approach. Is it possible to configure groupwise to
reject unknown recipients at smtp time, so I can do callout verification
instead?

Thanks,
Patrick