Re: [exim] Trouble/misunderstanding verifiying...

Author: Marco Gaiarin
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Trouble/misunderstanding verifiying...
Mandi! Fred Viles
In chel di` si favelave...

> | The only time you want to use no_verify is if you need to do something
> | different when verifying as opposed to when delivering. This is almost
> | never necessary.
> I thought it was almost always necessary when using a smarthost.
> Since the smarthost router normally accepts everything non-local, it
> is useless for verifying.

True, and i think this is my first cause of misunderstood.

But also i need to enable verifying for non-internal addess in ACL
and...

> Right, in this case I think he needs a verify-only dnslookup router
> to verify the addresses that will be routed to the smarthost.

...add that.

But i'm not in so high volume traffic, so i've deliberatly disabled
verifying for smarthosts, i've only take many cares not to make
unuseful bounces, simply ignoring all threats (spam, virus, ...) that
came from my external gateway.

--
dott. Marco Gaiarin                    GNUPG Key ID: 240A3D66
  Associazione ``La Nostra Famiglia''                http://www.sv.lnf.it/

            Grazie parlamento europeo!
        http://punto-informatico.it/p.asp?i=53925&r=PI