Re: [exim] Load Based Grey Listing

Author: Johann Spies
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Load Based Grey Listing
On Wed, Oct 12, 2005 at 07:36:52AM -0700, Marc Perkel wrote:
> Here's something I'm testing out - greylisting based on server load levels:

I use a different strategy - not greylisting - and it seems to work.
My load problems are normally caused by spamassassin and as I only
scan incoming mail I do the following:

smtp_reserve_hosts = 146.232.0.0/16 # (our internal network)

smtp_load_reserve = 10

Which causes the system to issue a temporary error to incoming mail
until the load average drops to 10 or lower.

Regards
Johann
--
Johann Spies          Telefoon: 021-808 4036

     "And he shall judge among the nations, and shall rebuke
      many people; and they shall beat their swords into
      plowshares, and their spears into pruninghooks; nation
      shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall
      they learn war any more."       Isaiah 2:4