Re: [exim] Trouble/misunderstanding verifiying...

Author: Fred Viles
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Trouble/misunderstanding verifiying...
On 12 Oct 2005 at 18:16, Tony Finch wrote about
    "Re: [exim] Trouble/misunderstanding":

| The only time you want to use no_verify is if you need to do something
| different when verifying as opposed to when delivering. This is almost
| never necessary.

I thought it was almost always necessary when using a smarthost.
Since the smarthost router normally accepts everything non-local, it
is useless for verifying.

| When it is necessary, you usually have a pair of routers:
| one with no_verify that handles delivery, and another which handles the
| same addresses at verification time. The second router usually has
| verify_only set.

Right, in this case I think he needs a verify-only dnslookup router
to verify the addresses that will be routed to the smarthost.

- Fred