Re: [exim] when are exim vars first available? and ...

Autor: OpenMacNews
A: Dave Lugo
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] when are exim vars first available? and ...
hi dave,

>> > Blocking using per user prefs before DATA isn't terribly difficult,
>> > it's when you start rejecting at end-of-DATA that it gets to the
>> > No Easy Answer.
>>
>> How about a fake reject in data acl if some users do not want the message and
>> some do that states the users who the message did not get delivered to? I
>> haven't thought it out enough to know if it's a good idea or not. And of
>> course some servers/clients will butcher the message to mean something else.
>
> Where I may go, is post-bounce the rejection(s) instead, but only in
> limited cases (blowback is something I'd like to try to avoid).

heh. ok, since this was MY thread, i'm invoking the clarification-clause of ...
er ... something ;-)

could you perhaps share an _exmaple_ of what you're considering?

i'm (re-re-)reading your response in light of the Q i'd had abt DNSBL checks --
early/global vs late/user-specific -- and haven't a clue!

thx,

richard