Re: [exim] when are exim vars first available? and ...

Autor: Dave Lugo
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] when are exim vars first available? and ...
On Fri, 30 Sep 2005, Wakko Warner wrote:

> > Blocking using per user prefs before DATA isn't terribly difficult,
> > it's when you start rejecting at end-of-DATA that it gets to the
> > No Easy Answer.
>
> How about a fake reject in data acl if some users do not want the message and
> some do that states the users who the message did not get delivered to? I
> haven't thought it out enough to know if it's a good idea or not. And of
> course some servers/clients will butcher the message to mean something else.

Where I may go, is post-bounce the rejection(s) instead, but only in
limited cases (blowback is something I'd like to try to avoid).

It does get much easier if you can limit the rcpt_to count to '1'. On
my home vanity domains, I do so, and it's not a problem. I doubt that
such a limit would be appropriate for larger domains.

Dave Lugo   dlugo@???    LC Unit #260   TINLC