Re: [exim] when are exim vars first available? and ...

Autor: Philip Hazel
A: OpenMacNews
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] when are exim vars first available? and ...
On Fri, 30 Sep 2005, OpenMacNews wrote:

> strolling through the spec, it remains not-immmediately-obvious for some :-S

Sorry. :-) That's kind of like the mathematician who stares at a problem
for a few moments, then writes down the answer without proof, because
it's "obvious", isn't it? I didn't mean to appear so arrogant.

> is there any documentation, a reference table perhaps, that simply specifies
> "this $var is set at/after the XXX acl?"

'fraid not. What particular variables are you interested in? There are
so many different types. For example, $primary_hostname is always set.
Ones like $local_part and $domain are set to different things at
different times, and I hope I have documented all of them. Then there
are those like the $tod_xxx ones that are never really "set" because
they change every time you use them.

To create a table such as you describe, one would have to scour the code
for every setting of every variable, which would be a big job.