Re: [exim] Upgrade blues...

Author: Fred Viles
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Upgrade blues...
On 29 Sep 2005 at 12:58, John W. Baxter wrote about
    "Re: [exim] Upgrade blues...":

| Your description says you have the modern way enabled in your Exim
| configuration, and the obsolete way selected in KMail. Change KMail's
| setting.

Actually, he doesn't describe having STARTTLS enabled in exim but he
does say he tried using it in KMail without success.

While his exim -bV output shows GnuTLS, it doesn't appear to be
enabled in his configuration. At least, when I connect to the server
he mentioned in the OP from here, the EHLO response does not include
STARTTLS.

If the OP is still reading, he should check his TLS options starting
with tls_advertise_hosts.

- Fred