Re: [exim] Exim rejects: syntactically invalid argument

Author: Alun
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Exim rejects: syntactically invalid argument
Chris Edwards <chris@???> said, in message
Pine.SOC.4.62.0509292044470.21208@???:

> Of course, the other reason for rejecting at RCPT time is the sender
> and recipient addresses are in the logs, which can make hunting down
> problems a little easier.
>
> That said, I don't recall a single instance of genuine mail impacted
> by "our HELO" test.

Nor me. Our MX hosts are firewalled off from on-campus machines, so
garbage offered by buggy on-site MUAs etc aren't an issue. If there's
anything else legitimate, it's either a MUA delivering direct-to-MX, in
which case I hope it shows them the message we gave them, or a deeply
buggy MTA at another site, in which case they should have logged it...

Cheers,
Alun.

--
Alun Jones                       auj@???
Systems Support,                 (01970) 62 2494