[exim] Upgrade blues...

Author: Niclas Hedhman
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] Upgrade blues...

Hi,

I recently did the mistake of upgrading both my KMail client (to v1.7) and
Exim4 (whatever version is in Debian testing)...

Now, authenticated SMTP no longer works, no matter what I try. In KMail's
"Check what the server supports" also yields different results in KMail 1.7
and KMail 1.8, so I am utterly confused.

On the server, I do an extraction of mail-users from /etc/shadow and creates a
new /etc/exim4/passwd for authentication. I have also got the Outlook hack
enabled, and Mailman mailing list in the mix, otherwise fairly stock config.
www.hedhman.org on port 25 is where it is running.

Does anyone have any pointers about this?

TIA

Niclas Hedhman