Re: [exim] Exim rejects: syntactically invalid argument

Author: Jethro R Binks
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Exim rejects: syntactically invalid argument
On Tue, 27 Sep 2005, Walt Reed wrote:

> > Sorry, I meant the question the other way around:
> >  Do most people think that accepting _underscore is
> >    useful approach?  Trouble?

> Depends. I found a fair number of federal agencies running Microsoft's
> famous software that have been configure with hostnames with
> underscores. For personal use? sure, block 'em. Corporate use or paid
> clients? I wouldn't....

For what it's worth, I do, for the whole of this University.

Of course there is an exceptions list, and I will send hints to any site
asking why we won't receive their mail.

There has only ever been one site on the exceptions list, and they gave a
timescale when they would fix the problem by. That was a long time ago,
and I see they are still on the list. No mail from that HELO in the last
few days, so maybe they did fix it ...

Jethro R Binks
Computing Officer, IT Services
University Of Strathclyde, Glasgow, UK