Re: [exim] your 'favorite' exim-integrated POP retrieval?

Author: Steve Lamb
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] your 'favorite' exim-integrated POP retrieval?
OpenMacNews wrote:
>> Never heard of exim being used as a pop-client ;)

> what's with the winks?

    Subtle hint that Exim is an SMTP server.  Full stop.  Not a bloatware
SMTP/POP/IMAP/Kitchen sink "mail solution" that is offered elsewhere.

> if you've got better exim-specific terminology, please feel free to
> share ...

    There is no exim terminology.  What you're asking for is a way to retrieve
mail from a POP server an inject it into your local mail server.  The fact the
local mail server happens to be Exim is superfulous.

    As for my recommendation I say get an email client that actually
understands multiple POP or IMAP connections and be done with it.  Never
understood the fetish people have for mashing all their mail streams together
so as to make it five times the work to keep things separate in the end.