[exim] Conditional Forward - Exim Filter

Author: Doug Jolley
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] Conditional Forward - Exim Filter
Hi --

I would like to employ an Exim filter to
conditionally forward a copy of an arriving
e-mail to an alternative address IF the message
is from a domain that's on a whitelist. It looks
to me like my best shot at accomplishing this
task is to use the foranyaddress syntax. I
actually got it to work (code appended). The
problem is that it appears that the 'list of RFC
2822 addresses' contained in <string> is not what
we would normally think of as a list in Exim.
The specific problem being that it doesn't appear
that I can include a path to a file in the list
and have the contents of the file inserted in the
list. Since the list of addresses that I want to
test is fairly long (a few hundred), this would
be real handy.

Anyway, that's the problem. I'd welcome
suggestions on how to include a long list of
addresses in <string>; or, an alternative
approach if someone feels another way would be
better. Thanks for any input. My code is
appended.

     ... doug# Exim filter

if foranyaddress "joe@???" ( $h_from:
contains $thisaddress )