Re: [exim] which linux for exim

Autor: Giuliano Gavazzi
A: Timothy Spear
CC: 'Mailinglist EXIM'
Assumpte: Re: [exim] which linux for exim

On 20 Sep 2005, at 02:32, Timothy Spear wrote:

> Having used both Debian and Fedora, I found Debian much easier to
> install
> and administer than Fedora. The majority of the problems I have
> seen posted
> in regards to Debian have been mostly related to Debian using exim
> as the
> default MTA instead of Sendmail or Postfix. The most important
> consideration
> for me has been the upgrade path; with Debian 3.1 (Sarge), the
> ability to
> split all custom overrides from the default templates has protected my
> systems during upgrades. However my Fedora systems have either lost
> the
> configurations, or the upgrade has been problematic if I do not
> install the
> new default configuration templates. I have no mail server
> experience with
> SuSE. Good luck on your choice.

thanks Tim, I suppose that given that in the application space (exim,
apache and all services I will install from source) I can decide
where to put the configuration, I should not have too many problems
with system upgrades (that will not be performed by me, being a
virtual server). I tend to concentrate all configurations under a
specific custom path that should be left alone.

Giuliano