Re: [exim] Feature Needed - Main_domain

Autor: Marc Perkel
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Feature Needed - Main_domain

Richard Clayton wrote:

>I obviously missed it... but what is the purpose of this discussion?
>
>If for example you were considering sending an abuse email, then Demon
>would prefer it to be sent abuse@??? !

Several reasons - possibly the one you mentioned. But I'm thinking about
comparing the main domain pary of the $sender_address_domain to the
received lines to see if there is a match. One problem I'm having is
something like this:

The sender is autoresponse@???
But the sending server in the received lines is accounting.paypal.com

So - I want to grab just the "paypal.com" part can see if I can find
that in the received lines. It's part of my anti-phishing code. The idea
being that email from paypal.com will come from paypay servers somewhere
in received.