Re: [exim] Feature Needed - Main_domain

Autor: Wakko Warner
A: Marc Perkel
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Feature Needed - Main_domain
Marc Perkel wrote:
> Richard Clayton wrote:
> The sender is autoresponse@???
> But the sending server in the received lines is accounting.paypal.com
>
> So - I want to grab just the "paypal.com" part can see if I can find
> that in the received lines. It's part of my anti-phishing code. The idea
> being that email from paypal.com will come from paypay servers somewhere
> in received.

What's so hard about this???

mx custserv.paypal.com.
> custserv.paypal.com does not exist, try again

mx accounting.paypal.com.
> accounting.paypal.com does not exist, try again

mx paypal.com.
> paypal.com              MX      10 smtp1.sc5.paypal.com
> paypal.com              MX      10 smtp2.nix.paypal.com
> paypal.com              MX      10 smtp1.nix.paypal.com

mx com.
> com MX record currently not present

Just strip the subdomain off until you get an MX. How difficult could that
be??? You can do this with embedded perl and it would be quite easy to do.

Or you could compare all MX's

If you're wondering about say demon.co.uk:
mx demon.co.uk.
> demon.co.uk             MX      5 lon1-hub-internal.mail.demon.net
> demon.co.uk             MX      5 anchor-hub-internal.mail.demon.net

mx co.uk.
> co.uk MX record currently not present

mx uk.
> uk MX record currently not present

I use a trailing . to force it not to look the domain up by using my local
domain in /etc/resolv.conf

Got Gas???