[exim] newbie - where to make config changes (on debian, for…

Autor: Derek Stevenson
A: exim-users
Assumpte: [exim] newbie - where to make config changes (on debian, for cyrus+exim)
I've been trying to get exim and cyrus to play together on a new debian
install. I think I've got cyrus working, so I'm on to the exim config.
I've got the default exim4-daemon-light (4.50-8) package with *no*
customization yet.

I also think I know what I need to add the exim config in the way of a
new router and delivery entry...

Most of the docs and mailing lists refer to editing the conf file, but
there's no /etc/exim.conf but rather the various components broken out
into /etc/exim4/conf.d/* directories.

Do I make changes in those files, which are then picked up by exim on a
restart? Or are those used to generate a conf file that lives
elsewhere? I've found /var/lib/exim4/config.autogenerated but I'm not
sure of the relation. Is the auto file used or is it simply an example?

If I do make changes to the files in /etc/exim4/conf.d, do I just edit
the existing files? Do I need to create new ones?

Thanks for the pointers!

Derek