Re: [exim] Why doesn't Exim authenticate against IMAP direct…

Author: Fred Viles
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Why doesn't Exim authenticate against IMAP directly?
On 2 Aug 2005 at 13:53, Marc Perkel wrote about
    "Re: [exim] Why doesn't Exim authent":

| Their other service is the one who is contracting this service from me.
| They are asking for this.

That may open other options, then.

| So why are you against this?

Me and every other responder in this thread, I assume you mean. We
just don't think it's needed as an exim feature, for the reasons
we've already mentioned. That's all. If Philip disagrees, and likes
the idea enough to spend time implementing it, obviously no one is
going to object.

| What business is it of your's? Why do you
| not want me to have features I need? This is between me and the Exim
| developers. I'm making a suggestion for an enhancement. Why are you
| inserting yourself into the process?

You made your suggestion in your first post. If you weren't
interested in discussing it, you could have left it at that.

You seem to think that "so go ahead and implement it" is some sort of
attack on you. It's simply practical advice. Take it or leave it,
makes no difference to me.

- Fred