Re: [exim] Why doesn't Exim authenticate against IMAP direct…

Author: Peter Bowyer
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Why doesn't Exim authenticate against IMAP directly?
On 02/08/05, Marc Perkel <marc@???> wrote:

> So why are you against this?

I think this has been explained well enough by now.

> What business is it of your's?

You asked 'Why doesn't Exim authenticate against IMAP directly?'.
You've been told why.

Maybe if you'd asked in a more open-source-friendly manner, with a
complete description of your problem up-front rather than having to
have it dragged out of you over a dozen back-and-forth emails, you
might have got an answer to your real question, which is presumably
'If I asked for this feature, would it get implemented?'.

> Why do you
> not want me to have features I need? This is between me and the Exim
> developers.

You're addressing them. Not me, but others who have contributed to
this thread. And the Exim community is more than just those who
contribute code, it's those who spend time answering questions here,
too. You've heard from several of these already. Most of us know more
or less what we're talking about.

> I'm making a suggestion for an enhancement.

No, you asked why your feature isn't present, and were told. Had you
worded your original message as an enhancement request, maybe it would
have been treated differently.

> Why are you
> inserting yourself into the process?

Welcome to the open source community. If you want a private
arrangement with a development team, then I'm sure there a few people
here who will provide consulting services.

Peter

--
Peter Bowyer
Email: peter@???