Re: [exim] Help with clamav

Autor: Troy Settle
A: Dennis Davis
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Help with clamav

Dennis Davis wrote:

> Persevere with this. It works great.
>
> Make sure that exim's spool files are group-readable. This is the
> default so you're probably OK.
>
> Make sure the clam users is also in exim's group in your /etc/group
> file. *And* make sure you set:
>
> AllowSupplementaryGroups
>
> in /etc/clamd.conf. This *isn't* the default and has to be there
> for clamd to pick up it's in exim's group. After this, clamd should
> have access to exim's spool files and the daemon interface should
> work.

Actually, when installing from ports, this apparently is set by default
(hurray for the port maintainer). However, even after adding clamav to
the mail group, it still would not function properly. I then added it
to the mailnull group, and viola, it's working. How odd:

   drwxr-x---  2 mailnull  mail    512 Jul 29 08:01 scan

The temporary directories under scan/ are created with the same
permissions, user, and group. The temp files inside the temp directory
are set with mode 666/mailnull/mail.

Very curious, but at this point, I don't care, the problem is solved.

Now, let's see how freshclam is working. I had to give up on this when
I first built my mail server, as freshclam would refuse to update for
weeks at a time.

Thanks for the replies, both on and off the list.

--
Troy Settle
Pulaski Networks