Re: [exim] Help with clamav

Autor: Dennis Davis
A: Troy Settle
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Help with clamav
On Fri, 29 Jul 2005, Troy Settle wrote:

> From: Troy Settle <troy@???>
> To: exim-users@???
> Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2005 07:10:00 -0400
> Subject: [exim] Help with clamav
>
> I'm a little lost here, and google wasn't much help (even with
> site:www.exim.org):
>
> First, I tried clamd:
>
> av_scanner = clamd:/var/run/clamav/clamd
>
> This caused all mail to be temporarily rejected:
>
>   malware acl condition: clamd: ClamAV returned
>     /var/spool/exim/scan/1DySFG-0007TT-Ir: Access
>     denied. ERROR

Persevere with this. It works great.

Make sure that exim's spool files are group-readable. This is the
default so you're probably OK.

Make sure the clam users is also in exim's group in your /etc/group
file. *And* make sure you set:

AllowSupplementaryGroups

in /etc/clamd.conf.  This *isn't* the default and has to be there
for clamd to pick up it's in exim's group.  After this, clamd should
have access to exim's spool files and the daemon interface should
work.
--
Dennis Davis, BUCS, University of Bath, Bath, BA2 7AY, UK
D.H.Davis@???               Phone: +44 1225 386101