[exim] Help with clamav

Autor: Troy Settle
A: exim-users
Assumpte: [exim] Help with clamav

I'm a little lost here, and google wasn't much help (even with
site:www.exim.org):

First, I tried clamd:

av_scanner = clamd:/var/run/clamav/clamd

This caused all mail to be temporarily rejected:

   malware acl condition: clamd: ClamAV returned
     /var/spool/exim/scan/1DySFG-0007TT-Ir: Access
     denied. ERROR

So, I tried clamscan:

av_scanner = cmdline:/usr/local/bin/clamscan
--disable-summary --max-files=100 --threads=5
--stdout %s:FOUND:(.*)

This is working to reject infected messages while letting other messages
through, but I get a non-useful response from infected messages:

This message contains malware \
(/var/spool/exim/scan/1DySYN-0008YK-EZ/1DySYN-0008YK-EZ_scanner_output:
Empty file)

I can deal with this, but I'd rather it report back which piece of
malware it found, which is much more helpful for those of us who use
MUAs that accurately report back smtp error messages.

Any help? Thanks!

--
Troy Settle
Pulaski Networks